auditory adj : of or relating to the process of hearing; "auditory processing"; "an audile person" [syn: audile, auditive]
Etymology 1From auditorius.
- Arabic: سمعي
Etymology 2From etyl la auditorium.
Auditory means of or relating to the process of hearing:
- Auditory system, the neurological structures and pathways of sound perception.
- Sound, the physical signal perceived by the auditory system.
- Hearing (sense), is the auditory sense, the sense by which sound is perceived.
- Ear, the auditory end organ.
- Cochlea, the auditory branch of the inner ear.
- Auditory illusion, sound trick analogous to an optical illusion.
- Primary auditory cortex, the part of the higher-level of the brain that serves hearing.
- External auditory meatus, the ear canal
- Auditory phonetics, the science of the sounds of language
- Auditory imagery, hearing in head in the absence of sound